YOU ARE BEING REDIRECTED IN (5) SECONDS TO
http://micketymoc.bluechronicles.net
Stepping on Poop.: Heaven to interview, Hell to transcribe, part deux.

6/13/2004

Heaven to interview, Hell to transcribe, part deux.

Done with the article. I don’t think it’s that bad, considering that it’s been two whole years since I’ve written a single word for FHM. Chrissy and Alex complained on the way to the shoot last Friday, that it was hard to find a writer that could duplicate the FHM "style". Well, I wanted to say, you could have had one March at the earliest, but until last week he was hiding under a rock.

Now the weather’s far sunnier outside the rock than under. Today Nette, the sis-in-law, and myself went to Cabalen to eat at their famous buffet table. My stomach is still groaning from the effort. Two helpings of caldereta, sizzling lengua, sinangag, ensalada of itlog na maalat, sibuyas, and kamatis, with a heaping serving of ube ice cream to top it off. Much as I enjoyed the "upload" of food, I’m frankly looking forward to stopping off at the bathroom later tonight, light a cigarette, and get ready to, er, "download". (OK, OK, too much information.)

In between the toil of turning Czarina’s thousand-word-a-minute output into words any FHM reader can understand, I stopped by the radio with Nette, the sis-in-law, and our friendly next-door-neighbor Janolo, to listen to his girlfriend jam over the radio on 88.3. His girlfriend, for the uninitiated, is Jaycie: one-half of the Jaycie and Honey duo now making waves on the live scene. (Wishful thinking, perhaps… I love their music, kind of an Indigo Girls thing going, minus the lesbian goodness, but they still keep their day jobs.)

Frankly, I want them to become famous, then boast that I knew them when they were still starting in the music scene. I’m not big on earning glory by myself, I’m happy with basking in other people’s reflected fame. It’s easier than actually becoming famous, only you don’t get as much exposure, and you don’t get invited to as many parties.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Lawyer said...

How nice! You're posting regularly! Been here so many times and the blog wasn't moving. Can't believe my eyes now.

Cheers.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Minnette said...

Don't change comments applications anymore. This works just fine. :-)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home