YOU ARE BEING REDIRECTED IN (5) SECONDS TO
http://micketymoc.bluechronicles.net
Stepping on Poop.: Heaven to interview, Hell to transcribe.

6/13/2004

Heaven to interview, Hell to transcribe.

I’ve been struggling for the past five hours to transcribe my conversation with Czarina. A nice enough girl, willing enough to talk about awkward sex situations with an overweight mustachioed stranger armed with a tape recorder. If she has any faults, it’s her unstoppable volubility. She’s so quick with her tongue (don’t get any ideas, please, folks, I’m a married man), and her speech is littered with ganitos, ganyans, and the like, that I’m this close to giving up and making something up from scratch.

The interview went smoothly, with one glitch. She was so garrulous that I ran out of tape. Good thing there was more than enough to go with on the one tape I had. Then I decided I only needed what was on the single tape that I brought, and I plan to run with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi michael. you don't know me, i eavesdropped on bea's comment to you on her tagboard and read your take on brown's da vinci code and a bit on what you do. i like this entry! makes me wonder if i'm guilty of talking too much. :) like bea said, you're a refreshing read! you read so differently from other places i've been. --- svelte rogue (i couldn't remember my log in name or password in blogger so i just pressed the anonymous thingie)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home